Hello! I hope this finds you thriving and shining as the year draws to a close.
After eight years of being in business, I truly feel like I have found the Sunburnt Country sweet spot. It’s a bloody good feeling. So it’s only timely to shake things up, escalate the challenge and throw some more babies in the mix! Yep, I said babies, as in two, as in we are expecting TWINS early in 2016.
So, this will be my first and last blog post in a while. Some big life developments have got in the way of my blogging since May, including the above news. Since then we have also: kicked off a new dynamic family agribusiness venture; moved to our new home – a grain and cattle property west of Moonie (130km NW of Goondiwindi); and harvested our 2015 crop.
Amid the flurry of activity I have also been engaged in some seriously fulfilling Sunburnt Country projects this year including:
- Being a coach in THE Rural Woman’s three month Enlivened Life coaching program. Note: click here for information about the next round of Enlivened Life starting January 2016. It will change your world!
- Privately coached rural men and women to help them be their best in their lives and businesses.
- Worked with an agricultural company on their brand strategy as the first step in their iconic company re-brand.
- Facilitated the Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women’s Network BLOGheRRR project in the Goondiwindi region via three workshops teaching rural women how to blog.
- Co-presented the Queensland Murray-Darling Committee’s Naturally Resourceful Workshop #1 in St George on the topic ‘Creating Positive Change using your Personal Power.’
- Appeared as a guest speaker at the CommBank Women in Business High Tea, AgQuip, Gunnedah.
- Presented a webinar titled ‘The Resilient Leader’ for the National Rural Women’s Coalition E-Leaders Program.
- And some other fun agricultural, business and marketing bits n pieces.
2015 has been a year of huge steps and big dreams coming true. With all we have done I have been pushed to my absolute limits at times, but now the dust has settled (and my stress levels!) I reflect on the year that’s been and wonder how I got to be so fortunate. I trust that I am right where I’m meant to be.
So I will sign off for now. Getting through this pregnancy, bringing two healthy babies home and the adjustment that will bring is my new focus. With the unknowns of what lies ahead I am not putting a timeframe on my maternity break at this stage. I will write again when I’m back in action! Until then, go well, know that you are also right where you’re meant to be, and keep striving to be the best version of yourself.
Thank you for your continued support of Sunburnt Country. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!